Are you trying to eat healthy? Well here is a light, refreshing, and healthy pasta (yes pasta) dish that will be right up your alley! It only takes a few simple ingredients and about 30min of cooking time! Try it today, I promise you are going to love it! P.S. you can add more to this or less- for example adding spinach, asparagus, etc. or taking out the tomatoes (if you aren’t a fan). This recipe is super versatile and can be customized to your liking.
- Whole wheat fettuccine pasta
- 1lb of fresh shrimp, uncooked, unshelled, deveined
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 5 garlic gloves (I used pre-minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 small lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less can be added for spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil until melted. Add fresh shrimp and half the minced garlic. Make sure shrimp is not crowded. Cook for 1 minute on one side until pink on that side. While it’s cooking, generously sprinkle paprika and salt over uncooked side of the shrimp. Flip the shrimp over and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes until pink on the other side.
- To the skillet with shrimp, add chopped fresh tomatoes and remaining amount of minced garlic. Add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more). Mix everything well, remove from heat while you cook pasta.
- In the mean time cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent pasta from cooking and getting mushy.
- Add pasta to the skillet with shrimp and vegetables with 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice (depending on the juiciness of your lemon, it could be 1/4 of small lemon or 1/2 lemon). Don’t add too much lemon juice. Season with salt and more crushed red pepper. Warm it up on medium heat until shrimp is cooked through, and all ingredients are heated through.
And then… BOOM!! Deliciousness on a plate!!