JUNE IS NATIONAL ADOPT A CAT MONTH!
Cats and kittens are often forgotten about animals at the animal shelters.
June is the month to remember those lovable furry babes!
Check our your local humane society for only $10.00 this month, you can adopt a feline friend complete with all up-to-date vaccines, spay/neuter, micro-chipping, initial flea preventative, a free starter bag of food, one month of complimentary pet health insurance, and a free post-adoption veterinary office visit with a participating veterinarian. WHAT A STEAL FOR A LIFELONG COMPANION!
Cats grow up to be self-sufficient creatures who give you years of comfort and love. Plus, they are such amazingly low maintenance animals.
Thanks to the Humane Society for this great check list:
“Top Ten” Checklist for Adopting a Cat
- If you’re thinking about adopting a cat, consider taking home two.
- Find a cat whose personality complements yours.
- Pick out a veterinarian ahead of time and schedule a visit within the first few days following the adoption.
- Make sure everyone in the house is prepared to have a cat before it comes home.
- Budget for the short- and long-term costs of a cat.
- Stock up on supplies before the cat arrives.
- Cat-proof your home.
- Go slowly when introducing your cat to new friends and family.
- Be sure to include your new pet in your family emergency plan.
- If you are considering giving a cat as a gift, make sure the recipient is an active participant in the adoption process.