Every so often, there is a dessert so perfect, you have to grab it. I love anything pineapple, but I never really a found a recipe that I loved. Not all recipes are created equal, and when my friend showed me this one I was a little skeptical. It was PERFECT. Downright, honest perfection. This is one that I can throw into my rotation of desserts, and use for holiday and regular meals alike. This recipe came from TipHero, and they are for sure my hero on desserts other than pie!
I need things that are super easy this time of year. No one has a ton of extra time, and with a lot already piled onto the buffet (my plate was to small, so I upgraded to a full blown buffet), having those easy to do recipes make it all worth it – especially when they are delicious! I am going to be making this quite a bit, for each of the get-together’s that we have planned! All of the ingredients are available at your commissary, so grab them on your next visit.
Here is what you need:
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 – 20-ounce can pineapple slices, juice reserved
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 – 3.4-ounce box JELL-O vanilla pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk, plus more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Evenly pour the melted butter into the bottom of the bundt pan and top with the brown sugar.
- Cut the pineapple rings in half and, alternating with the cherries, place into the butter-brown sugar mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes together. Add the reserved pineapple juice and milk. Add the eggs and vegetable oil, and mix until fully blended.
- Pour the batter evenly over the pineapple and cherries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, following the cake mix instructions for a bundt pan, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for about 10 minutes before running a knife around the edges and inner ring of the pan. Invert onto a serving plate and slice between pineapple rings to serve.
*Recipe from TipHero*
Let me tell you, awesomeness in a pan! This is a crowd pleaser! Kid and adult delights await. Happy Eating!