Picture this….it’s been a long day, you have no idea what to cook for dinner and Chinese food sounds amazing right now. So you look and look for that takeout menu and start scanning the options, counting in your head how much it would cost, plus delivery, plus tip. UGH, are you at about $40 or more to feed your family?? SKIP THE TAKEOUT! PEPSI brings you this AMAZINGLY delicious recipe that will have your taste buds dancing! Check it out!
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally, white and green parts separated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Brisk® Fruit Punch
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 box (12 oz.) chicken nuggets, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup salted roasted cashews
What to do:
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook white parts of green onions, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in ginger and crushed red pepper flakes. Add Brisk® Fruit Punch and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch and vinegar in small bowl. Stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Slice hot chicken nuggets diagonally and stir into skillet. Stir in 1/4 cup cashews. Transfer to serving platter and top with green onions and remaining cashews.
- Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice.
Simple and one recipe you want to keep around! Save money on the takeout and make this!
For more recipes and great savings with PEPSI, visit us at www.pepsimilitary.com!