So my entire Facebook feed is filled with new years resolution plans, new diet and lifestyle changes. As much as I want to make these changes for myself, I am the kind of person that falls off the band wagon……a lot. So, it’s baby steps for me! I already cut the sodas and now my next step is cutting out bread. OOOOH How I miss bread, simple sandwiches like peanut butter and jelly just make the world go round! The catch is, when I find simple and delicious recipes, I don’t miss bread! These fresh and flavorful salad cups, featuring Naked Juice, Near East and Nut Harvest, make the guilt free summer dinner!
What you need:
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup Naked Orange Mango Juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 pkg (5.7 oz) Near East® Whole Grain Blends Chicken & Herbs Rice
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 16 large Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup NUT HARVEST® Whole Cashews, toasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 red finger chilies, thinly sliced (optional)
What to do:
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes or until starts to brown. Add onion, garlic, ginger and ginger. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or onions start to soften. Add juice, soy sauce and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened to a syrupy glaze.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve rice and chicken mixture in lettuce cups. Sprinkle with carrot, cashews and cilantro. Garnish with chilies (if using). Serve with chilled mandarin Lime IZZE Sparkling Juice.
PEPSI doesn’t let us down, bringing us these AH-MAZE-ING recipes! Simple, quick to make, and even faster to eat! 😉
For more recipes and some great savings with PEPSI, visit us at www.pepsimilitary.com