Buffalo Chik Pear Panini #MeatlessMonday
Pumpkins and apples are the flavors of the season right now right? What about a delicious pear?! I love a delicious pear in the fall. I think like plums it’s a neglected fruit. Well lucky for the pear I’m giving it some love in this week’s Kellogg’s brand MorningStarFarms recipe using MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Chik Patties! You might just trade in the pumpkin and apple everything for pears! You’re welcome!
Buffalo Chik Pear Panini
In Italy, panini simple means sandwiches. You can make this tasty sandwich—featuring blue cheese salad dressing, chik patties and fresh pear slices—in a special panini maker, on a contact grill or even in a waffle iron.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Chik Patties
- 3 tablespoons chunky blue cheese salad dressing
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread, Vienna bread or rustic Italian bread
- 1/2 medium ripe pear, cored and very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese (1 1/2 oz. total)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Buffalo wing sauce (optional)
1. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Buffalo Chik Patties according to package directions.
2. Spread salad dressing on one side of each bread slice. Top two of the bread slices with pear slices, chik patties, green onion, cheese and remaining bread slices, dressing side down.
3. Brush grates of contact grill, waffle iron or panini maker with oil. Preheat grill to medium. Add sandwiches. Close grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until sandwiches are golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut sandwiches in half. Serve with wing sauce (if desired).
What do you think? It’s definitely an easy recipe and it’s Meatless! Twenty minutes and you are enjoying an awesome panini!
If you enjoy these recipes give us a shot out on social media! Follow us on Twitter @MyMilitarySvgs and tweet us!