Happy Thanksgiving week MMS Fans!!! Do you have all your pie ingredients? Turkey fixings, serving trays ready?! I usually cook a meal for our family, a few others and a handful of single soldiers. I try to have some sort of breakfast ready for early birds, and if we have family coming in town so that while I am cooking the large dinner, everyone has something to snack on 🙂 This Cinnamon Streusel Coffee cake came along my desk, by CHINET……. and it is perfect for this week! Yummy for all ages and enough to feed a crowd!
What you need:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ sticks cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Coarse salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsps. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- Coarse salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ tsps. vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsps. whole milk
- To make the streusel topping: Mix together flour, ¾ cup brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1 tsp. salt. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly. Refrigerate.
- To make the streusel center: Combine remaining ¼ cup brown sugar and ¼ tsp. cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch tube pan or bundt pan. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and ½ tsp. salt into a bowl.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Alternate adding flour mixture and sour cream. Beat until well combined.
- Spoon half the batter into the pan. Sprinkle streusel center mixture evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter, using a spatula to spread evenly. Sprinkle streusel topping mixture over batter.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer pan to wire rack and allow to cool completely. Remove cake from pan and transfer to parchment.
- To make the glaze: whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over cake. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Don’t forget to grab your CHINET plates and cups at your local commissary and exchange for all of your serving needs this Thanksgiving! Who want’s do to more dishes? NOT ME! Stock up today to cover both Thanksgiving and December! Time to finish out the year doing as little dishes as possible and relax with the family.