Did you know that the American Heart Association and The President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports encourage roller skating as a perfect way to combine fitness with fun for kids?
I was so excited to see this promo come back up! Do your kiddos LOVE to roller skate like mine does? He may not be the best skater, but he always has a FUN time! Through the Kids Skate Free program, you can get 2 FREE Skating passes per week for a whole year (may vary by location). That is so exciting!
Make sure you check out the website www.kidsskatefree.com to find a local, participating roller skating rink. Sign up for the Kids Skate FREE program, which is geared for kids 14 and younger. Please note that there is a $4 (one-time) administration fee when you register and skate rentals are not included.
Roller skating is…
- A fun way to increase muscular strength and cardio-respiratory endurance.
- A way to burn anywhere from 330 to 600 calories per hour!
- A great for improving balance and flexibility.
- A fantastic source of aerobic exercise.
- A key to weight control.
- Easy to learn.
- A great tension reliever and enthusiasm builder.
- An excellent way to help maintain good health.