when: March 31st 12 – 3pm
where: North Haven Community Center, 4268 Neely Rd, Fort Wainwright Alaska
Can’t make it out to Pioneer Park for Mush for Kids, but still interested in a dog sled ride? North Haven has your back! This event is for North Haven Residents ONLY
Come to the Community Center for your ride with professional Iditarod and Yukon Quest mushers Paige Drobny and Cody Strathe. Meet the Squid Acres dogs.
1) The front doors to the community center will open at 11:50 and rides for residents will start at 12 Noon, The line for rides will form at the front doors and is based on a first-come, first-serve basis. Anyone that goes around to the back area prior to the start of the event, will be sent around to the front doors.
2) North Haven will set a Cut-Off time for prior to the event (once we meet with the mushers), anyone in line prior to that time will get a ride.
3) End time is the tentative Cut-Off time.
ACTIVITIES IN THE COMMUNITY CENTER:
1) Take your Annual Army Housing Survey to guarantee you are entered into the drawing for $1000 Early Bird prize.
2) Craft (while supplies last)
3) Snow Dogs Movie (in the Theater)
4) Door Prizes
HOMEMADE COOKIES, HOT CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, AND WATER available while supplies last.