One Pan Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! We always host single soldiers and sometimes a few extra families. Prepping and shopping all the food for one day, I AM EXHAUSTED!! Well, CHINET hooked me up twice this year! Not only did I save on disposable items for Thanksgiving but they also provided us with this amazing, simple recipe that takes the stress and thinking out of dinner for a night. We are planning this for the day after Thanksgiving, but it is such a good recipe to keep in hand for before also! Stress free, delicious, and easy clean up with CHINET plates! I couldn’t ask for more… well besides a personal chef 😉 Check this out!!
ONE PAN CHEESY CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE
what you need:
- 3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 c uncooked extra-long grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 c broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 1/2 c of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 c shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
what to do:
- In a large skillet or pan, SAUTE onions in two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Once onions soften, INCREASE the heat to medium high and add chicken to the pan.
- BROWN the chicken pieces. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- PUSH chicken to one side of the pan and add a tablespoon of olive oil to the other side.
- SAUTE uncooked rice in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- ADD the chicken broth to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pan with a lid.
- COOK chicken and rice mixture covered for 12 minutes.
- SPRINKLE the broccoli evenly over the chicken and rice mixture and stir to combine.
- CONTINUE to cook covered another 8 minutes on low, or until broccoli and rice are both tender.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in half a cup of cheese.
- SPRINKLE remaining cheese on top and cover with a lid. Let sit for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- SERVE and enjoy.
For great savings with CHINET this holiday season, as well as some other great recipes, visit us at www.chinetmilitary.com!