Happy Fall!! This is one time of year in which foodies can truly unite! There are so many delicious treats and eats just waiting to be discovered. As we begin to prep our holiday menus, finding which ones to add can be rather trying at times. Try doing a recipe swap with friends! I love getting new favorites to add to my recipe box.
I came across this deliciousness when I was searching for something to make for an upcoming potluck. It looked so good from the photo, that I could not help myself. I grabbed my keys, hit the commissary, and began baking. Oh My GOODNESS! Heaven in your mouth! Mine did not turn out as gorgeous as the one photographed, but it ate just fine. I am happy to report that the roll is approved by the entire family. I am definitely adding this to my holiday line up!
Add this to your Thanksgiving table this year!
What You Need:
- 1/2 box of Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- About 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil or waxed paper; grease or spray foil or waxed paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed about 2 minutes or until very thick and lemon colored. Beat in pumpkin until well mixed. Gradually beat in dry cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves on low speed; continue beating 1 minute. Pour into pan, spreading to corners.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Immediately loosen cake from edges of the pan and turn upside down onto towel generously sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully remove foil. While hot, carefully roll cake and towel from narrow end. Cool on cooling rack at least 60 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar with electric mixer on high speed until smooth. Gradually add whipping cream; beat until stiff. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the pecans. Unroll cake and remove towel. Spread two-thirds of the cream cheese mixture over cake; roll up. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over outside of the cake. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons pecans. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Photo credit: Betty Crocker Website