Bean Thread Noodle Salad with Chicken and Sesame Orange Dressing
Back to school prep has commenced. For many, it means crazy days, long afternoons, and then not knowing what to cook for dinner. I get stuck in the conundrum of dinner prep every single day. I make my menu’s but then when it comes time to start cooking, nothing sounds fabulous. As I sat down to make out my shopping list, and cruise through the coupons on My Military Savings, I found this recipe for Bean Thread Noodle Salad with Chicken and Sesame Orange Dressing. I was so excited to find this! I love to try new things, and it looked super easy. It also has the daily recommended fiber intake as well. On the coupon page, I found a $2.00 off coupon for Benefiber! Talk about some great savings!
I made this for dinner, and it was a hit! Not only did my kids clean their plates, but they asked for seconds. I had enough left over that I could take it to work the next day. It re-heated with ease. I found all the ingredients at my local commissary! Head over and get what you need today, and prepare for a delicious and healthy treat for dinner!
What You Need
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken meat, skin removed, meat peeled from the bone
- 1 cup fresh orange sections
- 6 oz bean thread noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber® unflavored powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- ½ avocado cut in four slices
- Cook bean thread noodles according to package directions. Toss with sesame oil and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together tahini, vinegar, orange juice, Benefiber®, salt and cayenne to taste. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, orange sections, bean thread noodles, carrots, cucumber and spring onion.
- Gently toss dressing with salad ingredients, top with avocado and serve immediately.