OREO Crispy Pinwheels
Ok, so I am a HUGE sucker for a good cripsy treat! So when I came across this Nabisco recipe for OREO Crispy Pinwheels, I immediately grabbed my Oreo’s and got to work! Not only was this recipe super simple, but the end product… O..M..G!!! I have been a super healthy eater lately but I will be 100% honest when I say I totally indulged in these amazing little morsels of deliciousness!
What You Need
- 16 OREO Cookies, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) miniature marshmallows, divided
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- Line 13×9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray.
- Chop 8 cookies. Microwave 1 Tbsp. butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until melted. Add 3 cups marshmallows; toss until evenly coated. Microwave 1 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 30 sec. Add cereal and chopped cookies; mix well. ress onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Chop remaining cookies finely. Microwave remaining butter in same large microwaveable bowl 45 sec. or until melted. Add remaining marshmallows; toss until evenly coated. Microwave 1 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 30 sec.; spread immediately over cereal mixture in pan. Top with finely chopped cookies; press gently into marshmallow layer to secure.
- Use foil handles to remove cereal mixture from pan. Roll cereal mixture up, starting at one long side. Cool completely. Cut roll-up into 14 slices to serve.
Ok, so besides myself wanting to eat every one of these, I decided I should share with my kiddos, haha! I told them I had an after dinner treat for them (good way to get them to eat everything on the plate) and oh man were they excited when I busted these out! Needless to say I had 3 (yes, I included myself) happy campers with lots of extra for the days to come.
And right now at your local commissary, share in the back-to-school savings by looking for this coupon in your Aug. 12th Sunday paper!! Then run to your local commissary and stock up on OREO’s for this delicious recipe!! For more recipes, coupons, and savings on your favorite products, jump on over to www.mymilitarysavings.com.