MyMilitarySavings.com has proudly partnered with Mondelēz International to share this sponsored post. All opinions are those of the author only.
I don’t know about you, but my family and I can’t wait to cheer on TEAM USA! The games are set to start on February 9th and run for two weeks through February 25th. To make the game viewing even more fun, I bought some of our favorite OREO and CHIPS AHOY! Cookies at the commissary. I can’t wait to make these super cute treats for the kiddos, (and, just to make sure I have enough, I bought the NEW Party Size packages – these have over 30% more than the Family Pack versions)! Needless to say, my kids were pretty ecstatic about that 😉
For the first treat on our list, we are making these USA OREO Cookie Pops. These even double as a festive centerpiece for when you have guests over!
What You Need
- 12 OREO Cookies
- 8 oz. white candy coating wafers, melted
- Decorations: red, white and blue sprinkles; nonpareils; colored sugar; melted red and blue candy coating wafers; decorating icings or gels
- Insert wooden pop stick into filling in center of each cookie; place on parchment-covered baking sheet. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip cookies, 1 at a time, in candy coating, turning to evenly coat all sides of each cookie with candy coating. Return to baking sheet.
- Decorate as desired.
- Refrigerate 30 min. or until candy coating is firm.
The second recipe calls for one of my other childhood favorite cookies, CHIPS AHOY! Just how cute are these Stars & Stripes CHIPS AHOY! Cookies!? They are sure to be a hit!
What You Need
- 2 oz. blue candy coating wafers, melted
- 12 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies
- 1 tsp. white nonpareils
- 2 oz. red candy coating wafers, melted
- 2 oz. white candy coating wafers, melted
- Spread blue candy coating onto 1/4 of each cookie as shown in photo; top with nonpareils.
- Spoon red candy coating into resealable plastic bag. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to pipe stripes onto cookies as shown in photo.
- Repeat with white candy coating using separate bag.
- Let stand 10 min. or until candy coatings are firm.
Substitute small white star-shaped candies for the nonpareils.
Now, this one just may be my favorite! I love this American Flag OREO Cookie Ball tray – if this doesn’t say “GO TEAM USA” then I don’t know what does!
What You Need
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (19.1 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 5 oz. blue candy coating wafers, melted
- 4 tsp. white sprinkles
- 15 oz. red candy coating wafers, melted
- 1 oz. white candy coating wafers, melted
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 60 (1-inch) balls. Place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip 15 cookie balls in blue candy coating, turning to evenly coat each ball with candy coating. Return to baking sheet. Immediately top with sprinkles. Dip remaining cookie balls in red candy coating. Return to baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until candy coating is firm.
- Arrange cookie balls on platter, in 6 rows of 10 balls each, to resemble the American flag as shown in photo. Drizzle melted white candy coating in stripes over rows of red-coated cookie balls.
- Special Extra: Add a row of OREO Cookies for the flag pole.
Substitute melted white candy coating wafers for the red candy coating wafers, dipping the cookie balls in the white candy coating before drizzling with the melted red candy coating.
These are just a few of the recipe creations I’m trying with the new OREO and CHIPS AHOY! Party Packs. Be sure to look for them in the cookie aisle during your next trip to the Commissary! For more delicious ideas, visit www.MyMilitarySavings.com