Are you the last minute “I need a gift” person? I know that I cannot be the ONLY one! Every year I find someone on my list that I totally forgot to do something for! This year, it was more than one someone. I don’t know how my Christmas list derailed so badly, but I found myself missing several people on my list, that I needed to find something last minute for. In the determination of not wanting to go into debt this year, I did a lot more homemade gifts. This one by far was the easiest one that I did.
Sadly, one of the gifts that I needed was for my husband (seriously, how did that one get by me??), but I wanted something that would mean something. We had a picture of our boys that we have loved since it was delivered to us, so it was easy to transfer onto something that would fit into the decor of our house.
What you will need:
- Wood pieces
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Printed off photos of your choice
- A towel or cardboard under your project
- Lightly sand the wood piece, and make sure that none of the sawdust remains on the piece.
- Mod podge the entire area evenly.
- Put your picture, face down, on the wood, and smooth to make sure that there are no air pockets in the paper. I flipped the image on my computer before printing, so as to retain the original standing. If you don’t it will be backwards.
- Allow to dry (at least 5-8 hours)
- Using warm water, and a rag, gently wipe off the paper. This will leave your image superimposed on the wood.
- Package and deliver to your recipient!
Ya’ll, this was so easy, and I LOVE the vintage look that came out of it! We have a one of a kind photo that no one else will have, unless I decide to replicate it for others. Each of your creations will come out a little different. Some of the ink will rub off, just be careful not to rub to hard with the rag when you are wiping off the paper.
Share your creations with us!
**MyMilitarySavings.com was not compensated by the company, service or product mentioned in this blog. This is strictly the honest opinions, findings, beliefs, and/or experiences of the author. The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any claims, statistic, quotes or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. MyMilitarySavings.com is not liable for any risks injury or illness that may occur if you choose to act upon the bloggers’ suggestions stated in this blog.**