If you’re looking for a light and delicious dessert to serve this Easter, I’ve found the perfect recipe! This Almond Crunch Cake is sweet and buttery, with toasted almonds in the frosting. YUM! Bring smiles to every single person sitting at your table.
Almond Crunch Cake
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Buttermilk (You can quickly make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to 1 cup of milk)
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13×9 pan. With an electric mixer, blend the cake ingredients in a large bowl. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. In the meantime, prepare your frosting!
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) softened butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups toasted sliced almonds (I toasted mine in a pan on the stove, it’s worth the extra step!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a microwave safe bowl, blend the cream cheese and butter together and then add the vanilla extract and milk. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Once smooth and creamy, pop the bowl into the microwave for 30-45 seconds until the frosting is pourable.
Using a fork, poke holes into the warm cake and spread 1 cup of the frosting over it. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
Add the toasted almonds to the remaining frosting and spread it on the cake. Pop the cake the in fridge for 90 minutes or until the frosting has set. This cake is great to make ahead of time!
The cake is so light and fluffy! The toasted almonds add a great crunchy texture and the cream cheese frosting is just perfect.
The Almond Crunch Cake is perfect for Easter dinner or a Spring time dessert!
For more great recipes, check out mymilitarysavings.com. Membership is free so be sure to sign up today!