Blueberry Muffins from GSK
Breakfast. It is supposed to be the most important part of the day, but something that I can never seem to get around to making. I think in the entire twelve years of marriage, I have made breakfast a grand total of TWICE. Mornings are NOT my thing. Now, if we had breakfast around eight o’clock in the evening, we would totally be set! I make breakfast for dinner all the time. Kids however, want breakfast during the normal hours. If you have kids like mine, they eat like little hobbits. We have breakfast, then second and third breakfasts, and possibly a snack in between.
I love this recipe! I can make these night before, and there are fresh muffins for the following morning. Mom needs her beauty rest after all, and kids can get a muffin by themselves. Best of all, they can get their daily fiber intake, all while eating a delicious breakfast! Top it off with some milk or orange juice, and you have a quick easy and tasty morning meal. Benefiber® really gave us a sweet treat this month! Adults, if you need an easy on the go breakfast, this is your go to! Grab a muffin and your coffee, and head out the door!
This blueberry muffin recipe is really easy to put together too! It only takes 10 minutes to put together and around 18 minutes in the oven. There ya go, breakfast is ready before you even go to bed! Head on over to the commissary and grab the items that you need today!
What You Need
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons skim or soy milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 small egg
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 12 teaspoons Benefiber® Powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine milk, applesauce, egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- Once thoroughly combined, stir in flours, sugar, baking powder, Benefiber® and salt. Stir with a spoon just until the flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries. Divide batter among 6 muffin cups. Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes.
Cooking time (duration)
Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
Number of servings (yield)
Makes 6 Muffins