Do you have those days where you are just in a snacking mood? Weekends in our house are for relaxing and recovering from the crazy of the week. When we find those favorite snack foods that we can set out, not just for lazy days, but for get-togethers with friends, we have found a winner! Recently, we had a retirement party for a friend, and I thought of this recipe. It is sooo yummy, and super easy to put together! I brought an empty plate home from the party. Talk about an award winning recipe! Perfect for any crowd and just about any get together you might have coming up! Don’t forget to stock up for the Big Game weekend! This is one cheese ball you don’t want to overlook!
What You Need
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened*
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted**
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Keebler® Town House® Original crackers
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata or other black olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- BEAT cream cheese and feta cheese in a small mixing bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in pine nuts or almonds and onion. Using plastic wrap, shape into ball. Wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- STIR together in a small bowl black olives, green olives, parsley, oregano, bell pepper, oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- PLACE cheese on serving platter. Surround with olive mixture. Serve with crackers.
Cooking time (duration)
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
Number of servings (yield)
Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.
To toast pine nuts or almonds, spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice.
Don’t forget to check out www.mymilitarysavings.com/brands/kelloggs for more recipes and delicious treats!