Foodie Friday Keto Style
Did you know that you can make a healthy, delicious, and super low carb meal using veggies, sausage and shrimp? Well, I am here to show you how! I meal prep every week with my husband and sister, so I am always on the lookout for simple and delicious recipes that don’t involve super carb items such as potatoes or pasta. This week, I tossed together some of my favorite things and tried something totally new at the same time. Shrimp, sausage, and veggies has always been one of my go to meals, but this time instead of potatoes I used radishes. Yes, you read that correctly, radishes! Frying these babies up actually gives you a very similar taste and texture to eating red potatoes. However, back to the sausage. I used Eckrich Sausage, because lets be honest it is delicious and something we keep in our house year round. Check out my recipe here:
What You Need:
- 1 package of Eckrich Sausage
- 2 bushels of radishes sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- Olive oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet at medium heat.
- After slicing radishes, fry them in the olive oil for about 10min, until they are soft with a slight crunch.
- Add the sliced zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, then add the Eckrich Sausage.
- Combine and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp and red pepper flakes. When shrimp is cooked through remove from stove and serve.
Since we made this for our weekly meal prep I doubled this recipe. If you do this for meal prep, be sure to let everything cool complete before placing the food in the containers and in the fridge. I added a salad to mine on the side. This is the perfect meal prep portion and lunch, especially when I don’t have a ton of time to lunch at work!
I really hope you enjoy this simple and delicious, super low carb meal! If you want more deals, coupons, and recipes then head on over to https://www.mymilitarysavings.com and check out all the latest savings going on at your local commissary!