Summertime is a dream for kids, but for adults it sometimes comes with a dirty word… DIET. I fall into that dirty word category this year. I am trying to get back into top PT shape, so my husband and I have started eating more Paleo. But I love food. So I am always looking for ways to make things POP while on the table. Somehow I have succeeded in getting even my kids to eat what we are putting on the table, so I must not be doing a horrible job, but now and again I just want something different. I was in the commissary trying to decide what we were going to eat this week, and saw the Jack Daniel’s BBQ sauce. I could not resist grabbing a bottle and incorporating it into our meal. It may not be strictly diet fare, but I needed that bit of flavor for what I had planned for our dinner table.
Most of the time I put these in the crock pot, but its summer, and I have been running all over creation with the kids, so oven it was. This meal was super easy and QUICK!
Here is what you need:
- Boneless Pork or Beef Ribs (we used Pork for this meal) – I only used about 1.5 lbs, but you can adjust to your family size and needs.
- Jack Daniel’s Hickory BBQ sauce
- Fruits and veggies for your plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 and cook ribs without BBQ sauce for about 20 minutes covered with foil.
- Remove from stove, and liberally apply BBQ sauce to tops of ribs. Recover with foil, and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Your meat thermometer can tell you when they are cooked to the right temperature for consumption.
For the plate, I used avacado, Del Monte Pineapple Rings (Pineapple and BBQ go hand in hand), and Nectarines. I would normally add a hot vegetable to the plate, but it was already a super hot day, so I just left it off. This dinner was a HUGE hit! I did not have anything left over, and all plates were left empty! Talk about a win!!
Happy Eating! Share your creations with us!!