Happy Monday to you! Let’s start the week with a delicious meatless option. Have you been by the Kellogg’s brand MorningStar Farms website lately? There are some new additions to the website and they look amazing!
I’m very excited to share another recipe that I’m thinking I’m going to try out for Easter weekend! You’re going to say the same thing!
Baked Asiago Frittata Recipe
Whether you serve this garden-fresh frittata for breakfast or a casual supper, your guests will love the Italian-style omelet filled with broccoli, fresh basil and veggie sausage patties.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves or dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) finely shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 8 eggs, beaten*
1. In 10-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet coated with nonstick spray, cook and stir broccoli, onions and garlic over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
2. Stir patties, basil, salt and pepper into vegetable mixture. Pour eggs over top.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 15 to 19 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato. Cut into wedges.
Don’t have Asiago cheese on hand? Substitute finely shredded Parmesan. Both lend a rich, nutty flavor to this Italian-style frittata.
For a lower fat version, substitute 2 cups refrigerated egg substitute for the 8 eggs.