“What are we having for dinner?” This is one of the most asked questions, and I often find myself asking the same thing, what ARE we having for dinner!? There are days that seem to fly by, and before I am ready, its almost 5 pm, and everyone is starving.
I love that this is the time of year that we can do soups and more hearty meals. The Garbanzo Bean Curry is PERFECT for fall! The recipe was really easy to follow, and my family absolutely loved this meal. But I am going to share a secret with you – they had no idea that I added Benefiber into the food! By adding the Benefiber, we all got our daily recommended dose of fiber, but it did not add any funky aftertastes or anything to the food! It was perfect! I picked up a bottle at the commissary, and found some great deals!
Not only did I find great deal on the Benefiber, but I was very pleased with the savings on the other items that I found as well! As we go into cold and flu season, we are doing our best to keep the sickness at bay, so stocking up on Theraflu with some fabulous savings has been a lifesaver!
Visit the MMS GSK page to discover more great savings, recipes and more!
But for now, visit the commissary and grab these items for a delicious and healthy meal!
What You Need
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 large tomatoes sliced or 2 cups canned tomatoes no salt added
- 4 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber® unflavored powder
- 1 1/3 cup cooked no salt added garbanzo beans (from dry or can)
- ½ cup cracked wheat
- 1 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 4 cups spinach
- ¼ cup nonfat yogurt
- Heat heavy bottom stock pot over medium heat.
- Spray pot with vegetable oil and add onion. Sautee till translucent (about 5 minutes). Add cumin, mustard powder, ginger, garlic and cayenne. Cook for 2 more minutes stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes, water salt, pepper, turmeric, Benefiber®, garbanzo beans and cracked what and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add peas and spinach, cook just till soup returns to a simmer. Top with yogurt and serve.