March mayhem is here again! While the college basketball teams are battling it out, we are battling over what we will eat during these nail biting games. Check on the brackets…and now for the game time snacks.
In our house, we have to have snacks when it’s game time. The kids love to graze all day long and my husband needs something that will transfer well from the kitchen to the couch.
This year, I wanted to find something that was a little more than salsa and chips or Pigs-In-A-Blanket. Let me tell you, after finding SnackWorks.com – I scored a 3-pointer at the buzzer with these 4 new recipes!
Barbecue Chicken Toppers
- 2 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
- 18 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped mixed green and red peppers
- CUT cheese into 9 slices, then cut each slice diagonally in half.
- TOP crackers with cheese and remaining ingredients.
TRISCUIT Ham, Cheese & Jam Toppers
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese spread
- 30 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 5 slices deli-style Black Forest ham (4 oz.), each cut into 6 pieces
- 2 Tbsp. fig jam, warmed
- 1-1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- SPREAD cream cheese spread onto crackers.
- TOP with remaining ingredients.
TRISCUIT Nacho “Pizza”
- 1/2 lb. 93%-fat-free ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. (about 1/2 of 1-oz. pkg.) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 24 pickled jalapeño slices
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COOK turkey in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat until done, stirring occasionally. Add taco seasoning mix and tomatoes; cook and stir 3 min. or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- ARRANGE crackers in a single layer in rectangular shape on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet. Top with cheese, then turkey mixture.
- BAKE 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Slide “pizza” onto serving plate; top with remaining ingredients.
Hummus Party Platter
- Plain hummus, roasted red pepper hummus and beet hummus
- Assorted fresh vegetables, such as radishes, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, celery sticks, sliced cucumbers and sliced cooked beets
- Assorted prepared Mediterranean salads, such as tabbouleh, couscous and lentil salad
- Prepared tzatziki
- Assorted olives
- Marinated cubed feta cheese
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks, TRISCUIT Crackers and GOOD THINS Simply Salt Rice Snacks
- ARRANGE bowls of hummus, salads, tzatziki, olives and marinated feta cheese on large platter or board. Fill in between bowls with cut-up fresh vegetables. Add crackers and snacks, placing in several spots on board and in bowls or baskets.
- THIS hummus platter can be tailored to any number of servings, depending on the size of your gathering. Use a guideline of 2 Tbsp. hummus, 1/4 cup salad, 1 Tbsp. tzatziki, a few small olives and 1 oz. EACH cheese and crackers per serving. For a well balanced board, fill in empty spaces with fresh vegetables. For the 16 servings shown here, figure on purchasing 2 cups hummus, 4 cups salads, 1 cup tzatziki, and 8 oz. olives. Have plenty of WHEAT THINS Original Snacks, TRISCUIT Crackers and GOOD THINS Simply Salt Rice Snacks for dipping, along with the veggies.
So head on over to your local Commissary and grab the ingredients for these delicious snacks! And best of luck to your favorite college team in this year’s tournament!