Snack time! Snack time in my house can be somewhat of a hit or miss. I have boys who eat everything, in a matter of seconds. Food does not remain in my house long! You know you shop often when the baggers and cashiers at the Commissary know you by name! I enjoy snacks that are healthy, yet still tasty. I hate boring food. So trying to keep my recipes fresh and interesting can take a bit of work.
I have to give credit to this idea to my husband! I have no idea where he learned it, and when I searched online for a recipe there are around nine million different owners, so I tweaked, twisted and came up with my own version of this delicious snack. I love Italian Dressing, so I ditched the boring and old, and decided to try adding a twist. If you have tried Tomato Caprice, you have not tried it with this ZING! Oh my goodness, so delicious! This took me less than five minutes to put together!
- Tomatoes – 3-4 depending on how much you want to make
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil
- Optional – swap out the Olive Oil for Kraft Italian Dressing
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella into decent slices. You don’t want them to thin or to thick.
- Layer your treat together. Tomato, mozzarella, and then top with a piece of basil.
- Add a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle Olive Oil OR go with the optional and use KRAFT Italian Dressing. Use a light drizzle, you don’t want to overdo it!
I love this treat! But you can use it for more than a finger food. Put onto bread to make a delicious sandwich, or you can even chop and mix to make a tasty salad! There are so many ways to enjoy this delicious snack. My kids have gobbled it down. Kid and dog approved in our house! Packed properly, this can be added to a lunch bag for school. Just add an ice pack to keep the cheese fresh. So much yummy goodness here! Head on over to the commissary and grab your items today! So easy to make and delicious to snack on!
Share with me how you enjoy preparing this delicious treat!