Spring is here, and that means it’s time to get outside! One of our favorite activities during the gorgeous weather is to have a picnic. Aside from picnics, we have our annual gathering of friends – where we sit and eat, chat, play games, and just enjoy the fabulous weather that has finally arrived. When these shindigs are put together, the one thing that we have to have is an amazing dessert to go along with all the fun that we are having.
Now, if you decide to make this for your family, the best part about it is – you get your daily fiber intake! Adding Benefiber into the dessert allows for the entire family to get the fiber that many of us are lacking. Most of the time, we are deficient in our fiber intake, but it can be hard to get all the delicious foods that we need to ensure that our levels remain steady. When our bodies are functioning properly, they remain healthier and we are happier for it.
Head over to your local commissary and grab these ingredients today! Make sure you check out the MMS GSK page first for amazing savings and more delicious recipes!
Vanilla Coconut Custard with Fresh Raspberries
What You Need
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 vanilla pod cut in half long ways with seeds scraped out (can use 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp Benefiber® unflavored powder
- 2 fresh raspberries
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together coconut milk, sugar, cornstarch and Benefiber®.
- Pour mixture into a medium-sized heavy bottom pot and heat over medium low heat stirring often.
- Once custard boils turn off the heat and continue whisking for two additional minutes.
- Pour custard into 4 individual serving cups and chill for an hour.
- Serve with fresh raspberries on top.
Cooking time (duration)
Number of servings (yield)
Per One Serving
Contains 2 teaspoons of Benefiber®
(2 teaspoons = 3 grams of fiber)*
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 8g