Summer time is in full swing at my house, and that means really busy days! With two kids, we stay extra busy so to wear them out. After we get our morning chores and work knocked out, then we head off to the pool, where they can swim for several hours (and mom can do some reading or writing), and then home to get dinner going. But just because the kids have the summer days off, does not mean adults do to! Thankfully, I am not teaching this summer, so there is a little more free time in the day, but you know, adulty things still take priority over lazy summer days. So when I can find meals that are quick and easy, those are my favorite! I enjoy cooking, but during the summer I want easier meals. After spending all day in the heat, I do not want to spend a lot of time over a hot stove. Kitchen experiments are fun to, and sometimes you have to just combine things to see how they are. So that is what we did here, and it was delicious!
Here is what you need:
- KRAFT Velveeta Shells and Cheese (one or two boxes depending on your family size)
- Hamburger – (1lb for two boxes, 1/2 lb for one box)
- Brown your meat, and add your favorite spices! I like to use salt, pepper, and dried parsley
- Make the Velveeta Shells and Cheese according to direction on box.
- After mixing the liquid gold into your shells, then add the hamburger. Mix together and serve!
Easy, minimal clean-up, and something that the entire family will enjoy! You can add a veggie to the side or serve as is. Green Beans are a great addition to this delicious meal!! This is a simple enough meal that my sons can help put it together as well! Get the kiddos in the kitchen helping (and with the clean up too), and keep their little hands busy! Happy Eating!