Welcome to party central! This time of year it seems that the number of invites to parties triples, and each of them are potluck get togethers. If you get your jingle bells tangled, and tend to wait till the last minute like I do… well, I have a solution for you! This entire dish takes about five minutes to put together, and its delicious! Growing up, we called it the “green salad” and my mom knew exactly what we were talking about, ( I mean who wants veggies when you are eight!?).
While we were in the store, my son saw the Cool Whip and said, “OH! You need to make that marshmallow stuff!” So we grabbed what we could at the commissary, but it seems that everyone wants marshmallows, so we had to venture off post to find those. But this dessert will leave family and friends begging for more! FOUR items, less than five minutes, and you can pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes to a couple of days to set. Super easy right!? This recipe is simple enough that kids can put it together. Perfect for getting your kids active in the kitchen!
Here is what you need:
- 1 package of JELL-O instant pistachio pudding
- I small container of KRAFT Cool Whip
- I package marshmallows (can use original or colored marshmallows)
- I small can of DEL MONTE crushed pineapple
- Make pudding as directed on the packet.
- Strain the juice off the pineapple and stir in the pineapple chunks, and cool whip. Keep the juice to drink yourself (so yummy!!)
- Add marshmallows to your liking – about half the package to the entire bag (use them all, you deserve it), then mix well.
- Put in the fridge for about 15 minutes before serving
Super easy! Seriously, print this recipe off! It is one that you can go back to again and again! This recipe is easily doubled or tripled. But using only the single serving listed above, you get about 8-10 servings.