Black Bean Burger Panini Recipe #MeatlessMonday
Happy #MeatlessMonday to you!
What is it about Summer and burgers? I think they go hand in hand like hot cocoa and winter right? I cook burgers often in the summer, it just works out that way. One of our favorite burger patties comes from Kellogg’s brand MorningStar Farms products! You guessed this the Black Bean Burger patty! It’s a quick fix and super delicious.
Black Bean Burger Panini Recipe
With the addition of banana pepper rings, chopped onion and a spicy sauce, this black bean burger sandwich hints at the classical flavors of Cuba
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 pieces sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablepoon cocktail sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2-inch-thick slice firm-textured, whole wheat or sourdough bread (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon banana pepper rings, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat electric sandwich press or contact grill. In small bowl pour water over tomatoes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well. Finely chop. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean burger according to package directions.
3. In another small bowl stir together tomatoes, mayonnaise, cocktail sauce and horseradish. Spread on one side of bread. Cut diagonally in half. Top one half with burger, pepper rings, onion and remaining bread piece, spread side down. Coat outside of sandwich with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place sandwich in press or grill. Cover and cook for 3 to 6 minutes or until bread is toasted.
This recipe takes a total of 15 minutes to prepare. A quick and easy no guilt meal and it’s completely delicious! Have you tried the MorningStar Farms Black Bean Burger yet? What on earth are you waiting on!? Make your #MeatlessMonday a burger night! You might have a few other meatless nights!