Black Bean Stacked Tortilla Recipe #MeatlessMonday
Are you enjoying Summer? We sure are! I’ve noticed that I’m cooking with more vegetables lately and everyone is loving it! One of the other things I’ve been incorporating more are Kellogg’s brand MorningStar Farms products. This week’s recipe calls for MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings and blowing everyone’s mind with it! Not only is it visually appealing it’s delicious!
Black Bean Stacked Tortilla Recipe
Impress your dinner guests with these attractive stacks that layer corn tortillas, black beans, red tomatoes, veggie wings and mozzarella cheese.
Prep Time: 45 min
Total Time: 60 min
- 1 carton (10.5 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Buffalo Wings per package instructions. Cool slightly and slice wings into bite size pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add garlic, onions and black beans. Heat until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and add water, cilantro, tomato paste and salt. Reserve 1 cup of black bean mixture.
3. In blender, place remaining black bean mixture (from skillet), tomatoes, wine vinegar and black pepper. Process until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of tomato/bean mixture.
4. Place 2 tortillas, side by side, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Evenly
layer 2 tablespoons tomato/bean mixture over each tortilla. Top with reserved black bean mixture, wing pieces, mozzarella cheese and tortilla. Repeat procedure 4 times ending with tortillas. Gently press top of each tortilla
5. Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes or until heated and cheese is melted. Cut each stack into 4 wedges. Spoon remaining tomato mixture over wedges.
This is one recipe you’ll be making often. Try going meatless one day a week by making our MeatlessMonday recipes brought to you by Kellogg’s brand MorningStar Farms products. You can pick up MorningStar Farms products at your local commissary.
Tell me what was the last meal you made using Kellogg’s brand MorningStar Farms products.