Spicy Vegetarian Black Bean Soft Corn Tacos #MeatlessMonday
Happy MeatlessMonday! This week’s recipe is super easy and a little spicy! Do you like spicy foods? You’ll love this recipe by Kellogg’s brand MorningStar Farms! Pick up the ingredients at your local commissary and serve it today or during the weekend in your brunch spread. It’s a fresh recipe that you’ll enjoy during the summer!
These vegetarian tacos feature MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers, chunks of fresh tomato and avocado along with caramelized onion. The lively flavors of cilantro and lime juice complement it all.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped and seeded plum tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (1 oz.)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. In large nonstick skillet heat oil. Stir in onion. Cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet.
2. Meanwhile, prepare avocado salsa. In small bowl toss together tomato, avocado, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
3. Prepare cilantro sauce, in another small bowl stir together yogurt and the remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
4. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Cut into bite-size pieces.
5. On microwave-safe plate place 2 of the corn tortillas. Top with half of the cheese. Microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until cheese melts. Top with half of the burger pieces, half of the onions, half of the salsa and half of the cilantro sauce. Repeat with remaining ingredients. (Or, place all 4 tortillas on baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with burger pieces, onions, salsa and cilantro sauce.) Transfer to 4 serving plates.
Pick up some Kellogg’s brand MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger patties for this delicious recipe!