How was Christmas?! We had a great time! How’s the weather for you in your area now? It’s feeling more like Christmas in Texas now. So it’s time for soup! Bolivian-Style Peanut Soup to be exact! I am so impressed with the amazing recipes by Kellogg’s brand MorningStarFarms Products and this soup is no different. Perfect for a rainy day this soup will leave your family with a full and warm belly.
Bolivian-Style Peanut Soup
This vegetarian version of a tasty-and-nourishing soup originated in Bolivia. Its flavor comes from the bell pepper, carrots, onion and peanut butter. For just the right spice level, add the hot pepper sauce slowly and taste as you go.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers
- 1/3 cup naturally-prepared creamy peanut butter or creamy peanut butter
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley
1. In large saucepan combine broth, potatoes, pepper, carrots, onion and garlic. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Meanwhile, place MORNINGSTAR FARMS Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers on microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, at high for 30 to 45 seconds or until just thawed. Cut burgers into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
3. Stir burger pieces into vegetable mixture. Return to boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and hot pepper sauce until smooth. Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with parsley (if desired).
What an easy 25 minute recipe right? Grab extra burgers to make for later! I promise you’ll be wanting more!