Cheddar, Bacon, and Spinach Spread
Easter found a lot of us parents slaving away in the kitchen preparing a traditional meal for our families. Now that the holiday has come and gone and the kids are already complaining about leftovers… the fact remains that we have people that depend on us to feed them at least three times a day. Yes, three. It seems like that’s asking for a lot sometimes, especially when we are still recuperating from all of that ham-stuffing, egg-deviling, pie-baking Easter madness! So I have come to an agreement with my mini mes in terms of this week’s menu plan. We WILL be eating leftovers until they are gone (cue the disappointed sighs), however, I will also whip together something delicious and easy to serve in addition to microwaved ham and scalloped potatoes.
Ready for my first, simple go-to??
A familiar spinach dip that I spiced up with crisp-cooked bacon, sharp cheddar cheese and toasty almonds. A Cheddar, Bacon, and Spinach Spread that only requires 10 minutes of prep! The kids see this yumminess on their plate and all complaints cease!!
This is what you need:
- 1 1/2 cups fat free plain Greek yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope (1.4 oz.) dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and very well drained
- 1/3 cup seeded and finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- 5 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
- Keebler® Club® Original crackers
The TWO simple steps:
- STIR together yogurt, mayonnaise and soup mix in a medium bowl. Stir in cheddar cheese, spinach, tomatoes, almonds and bacon. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- LET stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Serve with KEEBLER CLUB Original crackers.
How effortless is that!?
Give this a shot and let me know what you think. Was it kid-approved in your household? We give it thumbs up all around!
For more scrumpdillyumptious recipes, visit MyMilitarySavings.com!