How was your weekend? We had a wet and cold weekend that made get the stock pot out! That’s right, it’s finally that time of the year where the stock pot or crockpot gets pulled out of the back of the cabinets in your kitchen. This week’s Kellogg’s brand MorningStar Farms #MeatlessMonday post is one that will warm your belly and keep you warm! Let’s enjoy a smoky heat:
Chipotle Veggie Chili
Chipotle peppers, packed in adobo sauce, kick up the flavor of this veggie-packed chili, making it perfect for serving before the big game.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup seeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 package (12 oz.) Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup frozen whole corn kernels
- Keebler® Club® Cornbread Cracker Bites Homestyle
1. In nonstick Dutch oven cook onion, bell pepper, carrots and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in cumin. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
2. Stir in tomatoes, water, kidney beans, chipotle pepper and basil. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS GRILLERS RECIPE CRUMBLES, zucchini and corn. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes more. Ladle into serving bowls. Serve topped with KEEBLER CLUB Cornbread Cracker Bites Homestyle.
Total cook time is only 50 minutes. That’s right! A smoky heat to add to the warmth of the soup. Add in the vegetables for a hearty meal. Pick up the Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ and enjoy!