Dangerously Addicting Ritz Toasted Chips!
Ya’ll! Anyone else’s kids have a LOOOVE for sour cream and onion chips!? MINE ARE OBSESSED with them, anytime they see that green label in the pantry, it’s a sprint to grab them!!
While I don’t mind the snacks, especially during the summer time, I try to reevaluate the unhealthy for some healthier alternatives. Let’s be honest, kids snack 10x more during the summer vs. during the school year, which consists of breakfast, lunch, after school snack, dinner then bed but during the summer it’s morning snack, breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid day snack, dinner, after school snack, and then bed. Let’s face it, they are STARVING all day!
WEEELLLL, never fear parents! RITZ Toasted Chips to the rescue! Sour cream and onion have 40% LESS FAT than leading regular fried potato chips!! They have 6g fat per 28g serving compared with 10g in an equal amount of the leading fried potato chips!! Perfect for us! Kids enjoy these, actually even more, than regular sour cream and onion chips, PLUS – mom secret, I know it’s better for them 😉
EVEN BIGGER BONUS…. RITZ TOASTED CHIPS has a CRISP & THINS option. With 50% less fat than the leading regular fried potato chips, my kids are in sour cream & onion heaven, and I’m in heaven knowing their taste buds are happy and they are eating a healthier option!
Whether you bring these with your favorite dip to a summer BBQ, enjoy them at home with friends, have enough for your kids to snack during the day, or, if you are like me… have to sneak your snack away from your kids in the pantry….these delicious chips are amazing, healthier than other snacks and just all around YUMMY!!
Here’s one delicious recipe you’ll want to grab your RITZ Crackers for …
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK DIP!
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 lb. deli-style roast beef, sliced, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 oz. brick cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 lb. white American cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- RITZ Toasted Chips Original
- COOK and stir vegetables in medium nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 to 7 min. or until crisp-tender. Add meat and seasonings; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until heated through.
- MICROWAVE cheeses and milk in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 3 to 4 min. or until cheese are completely melted, stirring after each minute. Stir in meat mixture.
- SERVE with RITZ Toasted Chips.
For some delicious recipes with RITZ and other Nabisco treats, check out this link!
Happy Snacking fans!