‘Tis the season for BAKING! I am gearing up to make some yummy desserts for the company holiday party and came across this beauty. I usually bake tons of cookies, some cupcakes and maybe some chex mix of some sort but I really wanted to change it up for this holiday party. I figure there will be tons of cookies as it is, so a cake is a perfect way to go! PLUS, speaking on behalf of chocolate lover mamas, I can have this one to myself without the kids bugging me! 😉 Just have some cookies set out for them, and enjoy me a slice of this chocolatey goodness!
PEPSI brings you this ah-maze-ing dark chocolate and pomegranate bundt cake, perfect to satisfy that sweet tooth that can’t be tamed by the classic chocolate chip cookie. Enjoy this with friends or family…. or if you are me, with a glass of white wine in front of a holiday movie!
What you need:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/4 cups Starbucks® Frappuccino Dark Chocolate Mocha
- Dark Chocolate and Pomegranate Sauce:
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Trop50® Pomegranate Blueberry Juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
What to do:
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour 10-cup Bundt pan. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, incorporating each one fully before the next addition. Beat in vanilla and chocolate. With mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture in 3 parts and coffee drink in 2 parts, starting and ending with flour mixture and scraping down bowl as needed between additions.
- Scrape into prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted into center. Let stand for 15 minutes; turn out onto rack. Let cool completely.
- Dark Chocolate and Pomegranate Sauce: Add chopped chocolate to heatproof bowl; set aside. In small saucepan, combine cream with juice over medium-high heat; bring to gentle simmer. Pour over chocolate and whisk in butter; let stand for 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth and chocolate is melted. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Place cake on serving plate with rim. Drizzle sauce over top. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Perfect for your home, for your guests, or to share at your holiday parties this month!
For some more delicious recipes, visit us at www.pepsimilitary.com!