DIY Cookout Centerpiece
With cookout season here you might be looking for some fresh ideas to brighten up your BBQ table, or the perfect 4th of July decor! Well, you’re in luck! Here’s how you can create your own festive centerpiece for under $4!!!
1 package of red/white mints
1 red, white, blue foil garland
The glass jars you can find at your local Commissary. In total, this craft will only run you around $4.00 to make! Plus, you will have plenty of supplies left over for your other crafts.
1. First, fill your jar with your red/white mints.
2. Add a length of the foil garland. Allow it to sort of pop out of the top of the jar.
3. Cut a length of ribbon to fit around the jar. Use crafting glue, tape, or hot glue to attach it.
4. Place your pinwheel directly into the jar.
5. If you wish, you can add embellishments to the ribbon as shown, such as flowers or glitter. It is up to you how simple or extravagant you want to make this.
Now, all you need to do is set your centerpiece out on a picnic table or dining area! You can place it on a colorful piece of fabric or just leave it as is. The pinwheel will catch the breeze and create a fun little affect, while the foil garland will reflect light and color. At the conclusion of your BBQ or party, a guest can take the centerpiece home and enjoy the mints tucked away inside. This centerpiece is not only fun and frugal, but functional too!
If you are looking for a “centsible” cookout centerpiece, I think it is safe to say you have found it! For just a few dollars you can whip up your very own and wow your guests at your next cookout or get together!