It just about time for Mother’s Day! If you are a mom, you know you just want a day off, to let everyone else take care of you! So while we prepare to prop our feet up and relax for the day, we also begin to think about what we want for that special meal. When it comes to my household, my spouse is the grill master. The best part of summer is the chance to get out and grill, without heating up the inside of the house.
Whatever main course you choose, it seems that sides are the one thing that are routinely forgotten, until it is to late. But I have a fantastic and easy recipe that you can use for a delicious side! Let me tell you, this potato salad is my favorite! Super easy to make, and delicious! I make a huge batch, and eat on it for the entire week – and sometimes I even share with my family!
Here is what you are going to need:
- 5 lbs of Red Potatos
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- HEINZ Yellow Mustard
- HEINZ Mayo
- Sour Cream – your choice of brand
- Dill Weed
- Onion Powder
Optional: HEINZ Pickle Relish, Salt, Pepper, Paprika
- Boil the potatoes in their skin (keeps them from falling apart), until soft
- Drain the water off the potatoes and let sit for a few minutes to cool off – if you run cold water over them, they could begin to fall apart
- Hard Boil the eggs you will need between 4-8
- Once the potatoes are cool, peel the skin off, and cut into chunks
- Chop celery and eggs to desired consistency. I usually chop them to fine bits
- Add celery and eggs to potato chunks
For the Dressing:
- Mix Mustard (give it about 4-5 really good squirts- this is your base), two decent large spoon scoops of mayo and sour cream. Add desired spices – dill weed, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well. *If you want to add pickle relish in, I suggest mixing into this mixture*. Once you have the desired taste and the dressing is well mixed, add to the potatoes.
- Mix well. Take 1-2 hard boiled eggs, peel, and use the yolk to decorate the top of your potato salad. Sprinkle a little paprika on top to add a splash of color to your bowl.
I do not measure the ingredients that go into the dressing, I just add until I am happy with the results.
So easy! This is really easy to make, and with the amount that this makes, you can have potato salad for more than one meal! Head over the commissary and get the ingredients today! Happy Eating!
For each of you Moms out there – Happy Mother’s Day!