Green Tea Asian Stir-Fry
Happy Summer, fans! In the midst of cooking for bbq’s and potlucks, it has been the same type of foods lately. Hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salads, yummy fresh fruit. Don’t get me wrong, it is all really good, and spending that time with family and friends has been amazing, but I need a break and a change up from the same. Lately, I have been craving some asian cuisine! We have our favorite take out places, but honestly we end up spending upwards of $50 or more, and having delivery is just not as good as FRESH. PEPSI seriously has been reading my mind lately and hooked me up with this delicious stir fry recipe! Cut down the take out cost, no delivery tip, and FRESH from my stove to our dinner table.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Lipton® Green Tea Bags, any variety
- 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb. pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen Oriental-style vegetables or stir-fry vegetables
What to do:
- Pour boiling water over Lipton® Green Tea Bags and brew 1-1/2 minutes. Remove Tea Bags and squeeze.
- Combine tea, soy sauce and honey in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add vegetables and tea mixture to same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Return chicken to skillet; cook 1 minute or until heated through. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice.
Simple, delicious and fresh! Don’t forget to pair it with your favorite PEPSI drink! It’s Mountain Dew in this house and with some great HOT DEALS at the local AAFES and NEX, I save money on dinner AND drinks!
For details on PEPSI hot deals and other mouth watering recipes, visit us at www.pepsimilitary.com!