As we trudge through the remainder of the winter weather, we search for feel good meals. We want something that will warm the insides, but is also delicious and nutritious. College Inn has the perfect solution to share with you! This delicious soup will put smiles on everyone’s face – and have them begging for seconds and thirds!
This delicious soup begins with College Inn® Broth. Find this awesome product at your local commissary! College Inn® Broth brings only the best to your table! Not only can you craft the yummy recipe below, but you can use College Inn® Broth for the base of so many of your favorite dishes! This broth will quickly become one of the items that you will keep on your pantry shelves. Here are a few of the benefits of College Inn® Broth:
- Broth provides a pleasantly seasoned, balanced flavor.
- Versatile for enhancing the flavor of soups, rice, potatoes, vegetables and more.
- Replace water with broth in your favorite recipes to add more flavor!
Say adios to the cold weather, and bring happiness to your dinner table today!
Lemon Ginger Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carton (32 oz.) College Inn® Chicken Broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, basil or cilantro
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, ginger and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until onions are softened, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add noodles. Cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in lemon juice, parsley and peas, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.