The chilly weather seems to have finally decided to stay, and that calls for some Red Lentil Chili! I love soup and chili weather. Bring on the heavy sweaters, comfy socks, and hearty meals. As we look toward our fave meals, and some new recipes, we want to be sure that we are keeping our bodies in sync.
With the Red Lentil Chili, you can add Benefiber! Keep your body happy, inside and out! You can find everything you need, including the Benefiber, at the commissary! Grab your list, get your ingredients, and get ready for some delicious meals! Don’t forget to grab your coupons and save even more!
What You Need
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 3 cups water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber® Unflavored powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- Heat large heavy-bottomed stock pot over medium heat, lightly spritzed with vegetable oil spray, add onion and garlic and cook until golden brown stirring regularly (about 8 minutes).
- Add ground turkey to onion mixture and cook until brown stirring regularly (about 10 minutes).
- Add all other ingredients except for lentils; stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add lentils and continue to cook for 15 minutes; remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve hot, dividing chili evenly into four bowls. Top each with ½ tablespoon onions and ½ tablespoon cheddar.