How was your Thanksgiving holiday? I am sure you are done with leftovers like we are! Let’s get this week started off right with a super easy and quick prep Meatless Monday salad by Kellogg’s brand MorningStar Farms. It’s a 20 minute meal that is full of flavor and will keep you full! This Sizzlin Brazilian Salad isn’t your typical bucket of leafy greens! Enjoy!
Sizzlin Brazilian Salad
Inspired by a recipe created by Roxanne Chan, this salad combines tropical fruit with spicy black bean burgers, toasted almonds, and fresh cilantro. A refreshing lime juice dressing adds a bit of zip.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 2 cups chopped papaya, mango or pineapple
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- 4 large Boston or bibb lettuce leaves
1. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Cut into bite-size pieces.
2. In large bowl toss together burger pieces, papaya, beans, onion, almonds, cilantro and garlic.
3. In small bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Pour over bean mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Place lettuce leaves on serving plates. Spoon bean mixture onto lettuce leaves.
Hope you enjoy this Meatless Monday recipe!