The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 are coming back in full swing! It may be 2021, but The Olympics are here and we are more than pumped in this household. We love watching swimming and gymnastics the most over here. What is your favorite sport to watch? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Do you want to know what my absolute favorite part of The Olympics is this year in particular? The best part is we are finally able to have a real watch party with our neighbors and friends. So you know we are going BIG! I’m talking tons of food, drinks, upgraded TV and sound system, and of course lots of snack options.
Opening ceremonies for The Olympic Games Tokyo air on July 23, 2021 at 7:30 pm EST on NBC and I have begun the search for the perfect menu. The kids have requested snacks galore so I have scoured for all the Red, White & Blue-themed themed recipes I could find. I have hit the jackpot and they even gave me a gold medal for finding the tastiest snacks ever.
I found a super simple recipe that all of my kids enjoyed helping me make. It’s just a box of RITZ Crackers and some melted chocolate/wafers. The best part is they can make any kind of design to represent Team USA.
Prep Time: 45 min Total Time: 1 hr Makes 16 servings, 3 topped crackers each.
- 48 RITZ Crackers
- 4 oz. white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 oz. blue candy coating wafers, melted
- 2 Tbsp. white nonpareils
- 1 oz. red candy coating wafers, melted
- Spread tops of crackers with white chocolate.
- Spread blue candy coating onto 1/4 of each topped cracker as shown in the photo. Top with nonpareils.
- Spoon red candy coating into a resealable plastic bag. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to pipe stripes onto crackers as shown in the photo.
- Let stand 15 min. or until candy coatings are firm.
Stay in the moment and focus on what you’re eating for a satisfying experience with a portion of your snack.
Substitute 1/4 cup red decorating icing and 3 Tbsp. blue decorating icing for the melted candy coating wafers, and substitute 1/2 cup white chocolate chips for the white baking chocolate.
How to Store
Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature up to 2 weeks before serving.
My friends and family love when I put boards together for our gatherings. I thought putting together something for The Olympics would be perfect for this occasion. I came across this amazing recipe that is great for everyone to pick on throughout our watch party. The combination of fruits and Nabisco cookies are a great addition to our menu. I found this recipe when my 6-year-old asked if I could find something she could make without using the stove. Low and behold I found the recipe that was made for her request.
Prep Time: 15 min Total Time: 15 min Makes 16 servings.
- OREO Cookies
- CHIPS AHOY! Cookies
- Fresh blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
- Thawed frozen whipped topping
- Place raspberries and strawberries in alternating rows with cookies on board or platter for stripes on the United States flag.
- Spoon whipped topping onto the corner of board; top with blueberries for the flag’s stars. Serve with additional berries and whipped topping for dipping.
- Cookie and fruit boards can be prepared for any number of servings, depending on the size of the gathering. Use a guideline of 1 oz. cookies and 2 Tbsp. whipped topping per person. For the 16 servings shown here, you will need 24 EACH OREO and CHIPS AHOY! Cookies and 2 cups whipped topping. Have plenty of additional fresh berries for the guests to enjoy.
Prepare using CHIPS AHOY! Team USA Limited Edition Cookies.
Spoon whipped topping into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and use it to pipe whipped topping onto the corner of the board for the flag’s stars. Or, pipe the whipped topping into a small bowl to place on the board.
In addition to the berries, add other fruits that are in season, such as blackberries and/or clusters of red grapes.
I let my daughter put this whole thing together herself as a run-through before the big event and she was thrilled. She let her creativity go wild with the presentation and we know that everyone will love it when we prepare it again for The Olympics. You can do the same and arrange your favorite fruits and a variety of OREO and CHIPS AHOY! Cookies.
So make sure you run, vault, or swim on down to your local commissary and grab all the ingredients for these incredible recipes as you prepare for your watch party for The Olympics today!
Nabisco is a Proud Sponsor of Team USA.