My kids just discovered Despicable Me and now have watched the whole trilogy. The reason they love it so much? The Minions, of course!
So naturally, once they find something they love, they need to find everything they can associate with it. Their obsession goes so deep that they have found every Minion spin-off on YouTube they can find and started asking if they can be Minions for Halloween. They even want their food to reflect their newfound love for the Minions and the biggest hit so far has been Minions Cookies Ice Cream sandwiches!
Check out the recipe below. We actually substituted banana ice cream to replace the vanilla, and they were on point and very Minion-esque!
Minions Cookies Ice Cream Sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min Makes 4 servings, 2 ice cream sandwiches each.
What You Need:
1/3 cup light vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
16 NABISCO Minions Cookies
4 tsp. strawberry preserves
1 tsp. EACH blue and yellow sprinkles
- Spoon ice cream into 8 mounds on the bottom of a parchment-lined pan, using 2 tsp. ice cream for each mound.
- Freeze 30 min.
- Place cookies, top sides down, on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet; spread with preserves.
- Top 8 cookies with ice cream; cover with remaining cookies, preserves sides down, to make 8 ice cream sandwiches. Press top cookies gently into ice cream to secure.
- Combine sprinkles in a small bowl. Roll edges of ice cream sandwiches in sprinkles.
- Return to the baking sheet.
- Freeze 30 min.
Substitute your favorite flavor of light ice cream or frozen yogurt.
These fun ice cream sandwiches can be frozen up to 24 hours before serving. If freezing longer than 30 minutes, store ice cream sandwiches in a freezer container. Let ice cream sandwiches stand at room temperature for about 5 min. before serving to soften slightly.
So be sure to head on over to your local commissary and grab all your ingredients for Minions Cookies Ice Cream Sandwiches today!
Minions is a copyright of Universal City Studios LLC. All rights reserved.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 100 calories, 2g total fat, 0g saturated fat, <5mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium