SUMMERTIME IS HERE! The kiddos are out of school and enjoying family vacations, camps, or simply spending time at home in the backyard. While the kids are out of school, we all know they love to snack, at least mine does! It seems like every hour she is asking for a snack. Why not make them something they love? These delicious popsicles are great for those hot days outside, by the pool, or simply relaxing in the backyard. This recipe only calls for a few ingredients, two of which are loved by a majority of kiddos!
There are two different ways you can make this recipe. I chose to use Gatorade in mine, because it’s my daughter’s favorite summer beverage.
- 1 Pack of Blue Drink Mix
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 2 Quarts of Water
- 1-2 Large Bags of Swedish Fish
- Ice Pop Molds (this recipe uses Ice Pop molds, but make it fun and use Fish Shaped Molds too!)
- 1 Bottle Blue Gatorade
- 1 Large Bag of Swedish Fish
- Ice Pop Molds
- Mix the drink mix according to directions on package. (Skip this step if using Gatorade)
- Place 2-3 Swedish Fish into each mold. (I used mini Swedish Fish so it took 6-7)
- Pour the drink mix OR Gatorade over the Swedish Fish, filling each Ice Pop Mold
- Place the tops on the Ice Pop molds and freeze them until FIRM; About 3-4 hours
- Enjoy your “Under the Sea Ice Pops”
Remember, involving your kids when making these can be such a fun experience! Kids imagination’s are constantly growing and changing. Making these popsicles can teach them how to measure ingredients as well as how to make things. Also, while they eat these yummy treats, they get to watch the popsicles melt and eat the delicious Swedish Fish!
Further details on this recipe can be found at this link: https://formodernkids.com/under-the-sea-frozen-ice-pops/