Do your kids ever ask you to make something so completely out of the ordinary? Every now and again my kids request a dessert that I have never dreamed of before. That calls for some ingenuity on the part of parents. Yesterday, my son asked for a Zombie Pumpkin. We have already started preparing for Halloween – we love fall! Being able to have some fun, and get some art fun in while we are at it, what is not to love?
So we pulled out some items and created a Zombie Pumpkin. Thank goodness I had some help from an “expert” because my idea of what he was looking for was vastly different. Folks, this is a great and delicious project for the kiddos! I did very little in the way of helping – mainly with the oven. Everything was the kiddo. He would not allow me to take his picture, (apparently he was not dressed to his liking for his photo to be done), but we got an image of the finished product.
Here is what you need:
- Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 bowls
- Green and Orange food coloring
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Mix brownies according to the directions on the back
- Use a bundt pan to bake your brownies
- When your brownies are finished. Put half of the frosting in each bowl and mix with the colors.
- Zap the frosting in the microwave to thin it out, about 30 seconds. Using a spoon, drip the orange frosting over the entire brownie. Zap the green frosting for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Using a spoon using the green frosting to drip in the middle section.
- Finally, take your favorite Halloween sprinkles and add to the top of the pumpkin.
You now have your Zombie Pumpkin. The Orange frosting will soak into the brownie, making it even moister on the inside. Kids will enjoy making their own zombie Halloween treats! Share your treats with us here! Happy Fall!!