Apple and Cheddar Melt #MeatlessMonday
They say “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away,” right? How often would you say you eat an apple? We have a few in our fruit basket that need to be eaten so I was very excited to see this awesome recipe on Kellogg’s brand page MorningStar Farms! An apple and cheddar melt! How about that? The hubs and I love watching food shows and we’ve seen this odd couple together so much that we are intrigued.
There has to be something to the saltiness of the cheese to the tartness of the apple. I see a green apple in the picture, so I’m assuming it would be a granny smith apple.
Apple and Cheddar Melt
These hearty, apple-and-sausage breakfast sandwiches will get your family off to a good start.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Hot & Spicy Sausage Patties
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard, jam or chutney
- 2 whole wheat English muffins,
- 1/2 small tart apple,
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese,
1. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS HOT & SPICY VEGGIE SAUSAGE PATTIES according to package directions.
2. Spread mustard on cut sides of English muffin halves. Top each with patty. Arrange apple slices on top. Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 to 6-inches from heat about 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Easy and a great way to add more fruits into your day. Let us know if you try this week’s recipe by tweeting to us using the #MeatlessMonday hash tag!
Hope you all have an amazing week!