I’m sure that ya’ll have those families that have no picky eaters right!? No?? Well, maybe can understand the dilemma we have in our household. DESSERT! Who would have thought that dessert could cause a minor meltdown in some of my kids, sometimes its nuclear meltdown when I serve the wrong dessert. Easy solution is, they don’t get it, but when we are all enjoying our treat, I want everyone to be able to enjoy it. When it comes to pudding, it is always a win. But I found this recipe from Hershey’s and knew that I had a home run! This was really easy to put together, and was GONE in seconds. Knowing that it was kid approved, it put my mind to work thinking of how many ways I could use this deliciousness. You can dress this up or down depending on the event! Adults and kids both love this treat! Why not use it often! Make sure you print this off for future uses!
With the holidays coming up, keep up with us over at My Military Savings for awesome recipes and tips on how to utilize our website to the fullest extent! With all the savings on site, you can create some super sweet treats and wholesome meals.
What You Need
- 24 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Cookies ‘N Creme Candies
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine , softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- Additional HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Cookies ‘N Creme Candies (optional)
- Remove wrappers from 24 candies; set aside. Place egg yolks in medium heatproof bowl; beat slightly. Set aside.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually stir at least half of the hot milk mixture into egg yolks; stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in candies, butter and vanilla, stirring until candies are melted and mixture is blended.
- Pour pudding into dessert dishes. Cover; refrigerate several hours or until cold. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and candy piece, if desired. Cover; store remaining pudding in refrigerator. Makes 4 servings.
Number of servings (yield)