What do you think of when it comes to the holidays? Is it presents? decorations? oh oh..the fooood! Now follow up question, what foods are on you must have list? Cookies, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and CRANBERRIES! Cranberries are a must! I am not a huge fan of cranberries myself BUT I love them in drink form 🙂 PEPSI gives a yummy cranberry mulled wine for you and your guests!
What you need:
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- 1 cup Tropicana® Cranberry Juice
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 bottle (12 oz) Izze Sparkling Pomegranate, at room temperature
What to do:
- Combine red wine, juice, sugar, cinnamon stick, star anise and cloves in saucepan set over medium-high heat; bring to simmer.
- Stir in apple slices. Reduce heat to low; simmer gently for about 5 minutes or until flavors are well combined. Stir in sparkling juice. Serve warm.
Use a full-bodied wine for mulling: try Merlot, Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon.
Spike mulled wine with a splash of brandy or orange liqueur if desired.
Both kid and adult friendly, this recipe is perfect for your holiday table!
For more recipes and hot deals with PEPSI visit us at www.pepsimilitary.com!