Fresh Blackberry Ice Cream
SUMMER ISN’T COMPLETELY OVER YET!!!!
This homemade ice cream recipe is delicious and refreshing for all ages! Homemade ice cream may have some extra steps over buying a carton at the super market, BUT you can make it your own! Mix in your favorite ingredients, make special ones for kids and different ones for adults, or make a super large “fan favorite” batch for parties! Not only is the recipe quite easy to follow, but serving them in CHINET bowls makes it for a super easy clean up! CHINET makes hosting easy! Not only does it make for a quick clean up when serving guests in your home, but on those days that you are just too tired to do the dishes, take out CHINET dishware and save yourself dish washing time…. and catch up on some DV-R 😉
FRESH BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM
what you need:
- 4 c fresh blackberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
what to do:
- PUREE blackberries in a blender until smooth. Use a mesh sieve to filter out the seeds, leaving you with about 2 cups of puree.
- TRANSFER the puree to a medium saucepan. Add in the lemon juice and sugar. Heat over medium-high heat until reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- ADD the heavy cream to a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Switch to low speed and slowly pour in the condensed milk. Add the vanilla extract. Turn the speed back up to high and beat until thickened.
- SET aside 2 cups of the whipped cream in a separate bowl. Add in the cooled puree and mix until well combined. Gently fold into the remaining whipped cream to create swirls, being careful not to over-mix. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours. Enjoy!
For more yummy recipes brought to you by CHINET, along with some fantastic savings, visit us at… www.chinetmilitary.com!