BACK – TO – SCHOOL is here!!! Summer is going away and we are starting to prep meals more, anticipating busy school/work days, and after school activities and sports. C’mon, I know we all slack a bit during summer, I know I do! Easy drive thru meals, Hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, smore’s by the fire! **GUILTY HERE!** Now that we are diving back into a school day and activities routine, we also attempt to get back to the norm. We look up new recipes to try, enough for some leftovers to stick into containers the next day to pack for school lunches or even the work day. This recipe, brought to you by PEPSI, is a fantastic start to your meal planning! Both good for you and yummy!
Smoky Cola Jerk Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes
what you need:
- 1 cup Pepsi Cola
- 1/3 cup prepared jerk chicken sauce (mild or hot)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 container (14 oz) Sabra
what to do:
- Combine Pepsi, jerk chicken sauce and garlic in resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours. Remove from marinade; reserve remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss together Brussels sprouts, potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken, and Brussels sprouts and potatoes, cut side down, on parchment paper–lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake, tossing Brussels sprouts and turning potatoes once, for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F, and Brussels sprouts and potatoes are tender.
- Preheat broiler to high. In small saucepan set over medium heat, bring reserved marinade to boil; boil until reduced by half. Brush marinade over chicken; broil for 2 minutes.
- Arrange chicken, Brussels sprouts and potatoes on platter. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with salsa.
Simply delicious 🙂
For more delicious recipes brought to you by PEPSI, and some amazing savings….visit us at www.pepsimilitary.com !